3-Hour Caving Adventure in Vaiano Prato, Tuscany
- Discover the stalactites and stalagmites of a cave beneath the ground in Tuscany
- Explore the narrow passages that only a few people get to see
- Learn about the science of speleology
Cave exploring is probably one of the most ancient of human activities, considering the protection caves offered in prehistoric times. So, travel back millions of years and discover the world beneath your feet with an expert guide.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged meeting point, and transfer about 4 kilometers to the caving start point. Put on the provided caving attire and check your equipment carefully with your guide as they give you a quick briefing on what to expect and how to stay safe.
Then, pass from light to the dark as you discover an extraordinary environment that has developed over millions of years from water erosion. Be dazzled by the stalactites and stalagmites, the columns and organ pipes, and much more. Learn about their genesis, forms and properties before re-emerging into the light.
- All caving equipment (wet suit, harness, helmet and lamp)
- Food and drinks
- People with back problems
- People with claustrophobia
- People with heart problems
- People with respiratory issues
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of the "La Foresta" bar on Via Val di Bisenzio, 4, 59021 Vaiano Prato Directions from Prato Ovest Highway A11: exit to Prato Ovest and follow the signs for Vernio-Vaiano. 400 meters after a tunnel, stop on the left side of the road in front of "La Foresta" restaurant/barOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please bring a polyester T-shirt to wear under your wet suit, a bathing suit, a towel, socks, and gym shoes to wear into the canyon. Please bare in mind that these items will get wet
• Please do not wear rings on your fingers
• If you wear glasses, it is recommended that you use contact lenses (preferably disposables with a spare set just in case). If this is not possible, please fasten your glasses with an eyeglass strap
• For reference, the temperature in the cave is around 13 degrees
• There is no specific or standard age limit for this activity. In general the cut-off is at least 9 years of age. However, younger children may participate, depending on their character and physical attributes