From Tropea: Day Trip to Serra San Bruno and Pizzo
From $41 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up according to location of your hotel.
- Discover the heart of Serra San Bruno
- Visit the Carthusian monastery and learn more during a guided tour
- Walk through picturesque woods to a wishing well
- Enjoy free time in the mountain village of San Bruno
- Experience an informative city tour of Pizzo
- See the cave church of Piedigrotta
- Try gourmet Tartufo ice cream in Pizzo
In the middle of the forest, this place of stillness remains a haven for monks to live in total seclusion. They have taken vows of silence; one hears sounds only when the brothers sing at mass. Become intrigued and enchanted by this forgotten place beyond the hectic world.
Head into the forest past the paddocks, through hundred-year-old trees and to a clearing with a fountain: the laghetto di miracoli, a wishing well with holy water, which, according to the Calabrians, will fulfill any wish. Try your luck!
Visit the quaint trattoria and try specialties of the region. Don't miss the homemade Fileja, a type of noodle served with mushroom sauce. Regain your strength, then venture further down the coast.
The closer you get to the sea, the more lively the area feels. Visit the picturesque coastal town of Pizzo, not only a beautiful old city but the home of the sweetest temptation in Calabria.
Tartufo Ice Cream was founded here, and is still freshly made every morning. Enjoy an unforgettable combination of chocolate, nuts, and ice cream before experiencing the cultural high point of the city.
See the Chiesetta di Piedigrotta, a fascinating cave church found in a small bay. Admire the holy figures made from stone, the altar, and hear the crashing waves instead of the usual organ music.
See Murat Castle, which belonged to Napoleon's brother-in-law, and wander the small alleyways. Stop in to the little boutiques or watch the crowds on the piazza while enjoying espresso.
- Ride in air-conditioned tour bus or small bus
- Multilingual, qualified tour guide
- Visit to Carthusian monastery with guide
- Walk to the wishing well
- Tour of Pizzo
- Visit to the Chiesetta di Piedigrotta, with guide
- Meals and drinks
Train station in Zambrone (stazione di Zambrone); Esso Service Station in front of the Hotel Aquis; Rocca Nettuno in Tropea; street in front of the Europcar rental office in Santa Domenica; Bus stop Stella Marina at Capo Vaticano; Bus station Santa Maria (Capo Vaticano).
Product ID: 43581