Tromsø: Small-Group Northern Lights Tour
Pickup optionalYour centrally located Tromsø accommodation.
- Experience the beauty of the arctic wilderness and rough nature under the Northern Lights
- Enjoy the warm and relaxed atmosphere in a small-group
- Let your dreams come true at an affordable price
From there you are taken to a location most suited to the evening's conditions. Groups are sometimes required to travel deep into Finland in order to find a good spot, so remember to take your passport with you. Once you have reached your chosen location, your guides set up a bonfire before helping you with your camera, setting it up to best capture the Northern lights. Throughout your tour, your guides also serve you hot chocolate and snacks. Later, enjoy a picnic-style barbecue during which you enjoy traditional Norwegian fiskekake (fish burgers), or sausages with tortilla bread.
Make the most of this opportunity and take unlimited pictures throughout your tour, with the Northern Lights in the background. If you don't manage to take that perfect shot, high-resolution pictures of the tour will be shared with you the following day. Your guides are also on hand to explain the phenomenon of the Northern Lights as well as some of the traditions, beliefs, and superstitions connected to them. Following your tour, your experience concludes as your guide drops you off to your accommodation close to the city center of Tromsø.
- Warm thermal suites, winter boots, and mittens
- Warm grilled meal, hot chocolate, and snacks
- Pictures of the tour including your own private portrait with the sky in the background
- Hats or socks
- Pickup outside of the city center
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
All guests not staying at a hotel inside the Tromsø city center will meet up at the meeting point at: Kirkegata 2, at the cross between Kirkagata and Kaigata in the Tromsø city center in front of the small white building.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Food and drinks
• Please do your best to maintain your patience and good mood throughout the tour
• There are maybe some allergens in the food served
• Please know that as the Northern lights are a natural phenomenon and no human being can affect it, your guides cannot guarantee the appearance and the activity of the lights
• The weather in the Tromsø region changes very quickly and often, meaning that a good weather forecast can turn into a bad one at any time
• The local partner does not cancel tours due to the weather forecast, only when it is not safe to drive