Guided Kayak Tour in Trakai
From $28 per personBook now
- Discover Island Castle of Trakai from the water
- Walk in the Užutrakis manor park
- Have a picnic lunch on a deserted island
- Enjoy tranquil and natural lake areas around Trakai
The main attraction is the Island castle which was build by Lithuanian Grand Dukes Kęstutis and Vytautas in the 14th and 15th century. The picturesque Užutrakis manor house and park by famous French landscape architect Édouard François André is another must visit point on the shore of Lake Galvė. Trakai is also known for its traditional Karaites community which settled here already in the 15th century.
The route takes you on 3 interconnected lakes. The distance is about 11 km which makes 2,5 - 3 hours of active paddling. The rest of the time will be used to have a picnic (traditional Karaites pasties) on one of the small islets. Walk through the park of Užutrakis manor and hear more about Trakai.
- Guided tour with English/Russian/Lithuanian-speaking guide (German upon request and availability)
- Equipment: double touring kayaks including paddles, rudder, spray decks, life vests, and dry bags
- Picnic lunch including local pasty, cake, coffee/tea and bottle of water (for 4-hour tour option)
- Coffee break including coffee/tea, cake, bottle of water (with 2.5-hour tour option)
- Photos taken by guide during the tour
- Transfers from/to Vilnius
Trakai, Birutės St. 24, Lake Bernardinų (Lukos), next to the Canoe-Polo playground which you will find while walking along the shore of Lake Bernardinų from the Bus station (1,8 km) or from the castle bridge (0,8 km).
• Swimming skills are essential
• Paddling experience is not necessary
• The lakes around Trakai are very calm, however the route might change depending on weather conditions
• The guide will take pictures during the tour, so it is recommended that you leave your cameras and smart phones safely stored in the dry bags
• Please dress accordingly to the weather conditions and wear outdoor clothing including a rain jacket and light footwear. If possible, avoid cotton clothes (cotton t-shirts, jeans), they will give you a cold feeling once they get wet
• It is recommended to take an extra set of clothes to change after the tour. You can keep them in the dry bags during the tour
Product ID: 62257