Join in for four hours on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. Learn about all things relevant to Tongariro and New Zealand including recent and past eruptions, geology, local flora and fauna, and the settlement of NZ.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Pickup optional
- Please be ready 10 minutes before your scheduled pick up time.
Select participants and date
Arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts. You must reference your voucher number at the ticket counter before the tour begins. Look for the blue sign on the storefront.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Long pants
- Waterproof shoes
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- All necessary mountain equipment (including ice axes in winter) will be provided
- Footwear and clothing up to a NZD40 allowance will be provided if necessary
- Drinks, including water, snacks, and lunch are not included in the price of the tour
- Tips are not included
- A reasonable fitness level is required; if you are concerned about your fitness, let your guide know before commencing the walk, as there are options they can discuss with you
- No alpine experience is required
- All customers meet at the Adrift base the morning of the tour where our guides will check everyone in, go over the day's trip conditions and assess and provide the required equipment, and additional clothing and boots if needed