From Madrid: Day Trip to Cuenca and Toledo
Pickup optionalIf you are staying in a hotel in the center of Madrid, pickup can be arranged. Please provide the hotel's address at the time of booking. The guide will be waiting in the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes before the starting time.
- See the hanging houses of Cuenca, with their Gothic balconies poised over a cliff
- Discover the first Gothic cathedral built in Castile, the Cathedral of Cuenca
- Take photos of the San Martin bridge, which was destroyed by the architect's wife so that he could redo it
- Walk through the streets of Toledo's historic centre where Jews, Muslims and Christians once lived together
Leave Madrid in the early morning to head for Cuenca. Once there, your guide will take you through the historical city center and bring alive for you the events that have taken place here over the centuries. You’ll be able to see the castle that was built in the era of Arab domination, go down Trabuco Street, and admire the neo-Gothic Cathedral. After the guided tour, spend a little free time enjoying the beautiful sights created by the hanging houses before returning to the bus.
The second stop will be Toledo, a city that owes part of its historical importance to the fact that it's nestled in a curve of the Tajo River. Start with some free time to try some of the city’s gastronomic specialties before starting your walking tour at Plaza de Zocodover, in the heart of the city. In Toledo, Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived in harmony; with the help of your guide, discover the vestiges of these cultures scattered throughout the city. You’ll pass by the most important attractions in the city, such as the Calle Comercio, the Cathedral, and San Tomé or Santa María la Blanca.
Finish your tour at San Martín Bridge followed by a brief stop at Mirador del Valle, where you’ll get a panoramic view of the city to remember forever. Afterwards, you’ll be returned to Madrid.
- Bilingual guide
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless private option selected)
- Monument entrance fees
- Food and drink
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Your guide will be waiting next to the bus with a sign at the corner of Alcala Street and Julio Camba Street. Take the subway to Ventas station and get out at the Julio Camba Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• There will be time to buy and enjoy your own lunch