Watch Sumo wrestlers go through a morning training session at a Sumo stable in Tokyo. Learn more about the world of Sumo from a local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Watch the wrestlers' morning practice at a Sumo Stable
- Learn more about the World of Sumo
- Take pictures inside the Sumo Stable
- Entrance fee for Sumo morning practice
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Children under 12 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is right outside the "East Exit" of JR Ryogoku Station Please note that there are two Ryogoku station. The meeting point is Ryogoku station on the JR line, (NOT Toei-Oedo line). The guide will be holding a red/orange sign saying "Magical Trip"Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Food and drinks
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Video recording
Know before you go
- Sumo stables may adjust their schedule at the last minute, based on their tournament schedule and the wrestlers' training. If there is a sudden change or a cancellation of the Sumo practice, your booking will be refunded.
- Customers may need to sit on the floor as most of the stables do not usually have chairs
- Customers may not bring in outside food and drink, nor chat loudly during the practice. Please dress conservatively.
- The Sumo stable has the right to refuse entry to guests who don't obey the rules of the stable. In this case a refund will not be offered
- The stable decides if customers may take photos of the wrestlers or with the wrestlers on the day.