Discover Sumo Wrestling, Japan's traditional martial arts form. This is a tour take you to behind the scenes to visit the morning training exercises of active, professional Sumo wrestlers.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 11 days in advance for a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
- Small group
- Limited to 1 participants
Select participants and date
The actual meeting place will be decided 3-2 days before the participation date. Participants will be informed via email regarding the location and how to get there.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Face mask or protective covering
- Food and drinks
- Luggage or large bags
- Smoking indoors
- Flash photography
Know before you go
- The meeting time and location depends on the day and will be decided about 3 days before the scheduled date. Specific location requests cannot be accommodated.
- All Sumo stables are within Tokyo.
- Entering the stable is only allowed with the guide.
- The schedule might be subject to changes, depending on the wrestlers' condition.
- Normally the training sessions last about 60 minutes. During the Sumo tournaments in Tokyo, the training sessions will last only about 30 minutes.
- Participants may leave earlier, but in that case, will not receive a group picture.
- Talking loudly and making noises is prohibited, and phones must be switched into silent mode.
- Flash photography is forbidden, and videos may only be taken with prior permission.