Embark on an unforgettable journey into the world of sumo wrestling with this Tokyo Sumo Morning Practice Tour. Learn about the rules and rituals of sumo, watch the intensity of the practise and maybe even snap a photo with one of the wrestlers.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
7:10am Meet at Tokyo Metro Oshiage (Skytree Mae) Station or Toei-Asakusa Line Oshiage Station A1 Exit (ground floor). A1 Exit is in front of FamilyMart Sumida Oshiage Station. Please note that there are three Family Marts at Oshiage Station. *Tour starts at 7:30 am. *Please try to use the restroom before joining the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Flash photography
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- NO CHAIRS in the sumo stable.
- Please note, if sitting cross-legged on the ground for approximately 1.5-hours is not doable for you, the activity provider recommends not booking this tour
- Minimum age is 6 years old. If your kids are noisy, move around, or cannot watch the practice quietly, you will be asked to leave the sumo stable during the tour
- If you're running late and cannot make it to the meeting place on time, please go to the sumo stable by yourself but you will not be able to enter the stable without contacting the activity provider
- Please watch the practice silently and respectfully
- You may take photos and videos without the flash or shutter sounds, but you cannot upload them on any social media platform
- Please try to use the restroom before joining the tour
- ・It is about a 15 to 20 minutes walk to the stable from the meeting point, so please bring a towel to wipe off your feet if you think your feet will get wet in the rain on the way there.