Learn how to make authentic Japanese sushi from a master chef in this private, VIP lesson. Make sushi behind the counter while wearing a chef's uniform you'll get to keep. Enjoy your creations for lunch at this famous, 90-year-old Tsukiji restaurant!
What to Expect
You will be picked up at your hotel and brought to the restaurant. Once you arrive, your private experience will begin by meeting the master chefs and putting on the chef's apron and hat. The chefs who will guide you through the sushi-making process are all masters of their craft who trained diligently for many years before they were allowed to serve customers. You not only get to learn authentic sushi craftsmanship from a master chef, but you will also get the incredibly rare experience of actually stepping behind the sushi counter to make your creations from the point-of-view of a real chef.
The friendly master chefs will guide you through making a number of different traditional "nigiri" sushi using the freshest of raw fish acquired earlier that day from the nearby Tsukiji fish market. Unlike much of the sushi found abroad, this is "real-deal" authentic sushi from a famous restaurant with almost a century of history behind it. You will finish by choosing one hand-roll to make (avocado, tuna or crab), and then you will move to a table to enjoy your creations, miso soup, and a couple of sushi pieces made by the master chef!
During the meal the chef and your professional tour guide translator will explain to you the history of sushi, secrets of the trade and answer any questions you may have. In addition to the white chef's coat and hat, each of you will receive a fan, a traditional "yunomi" teacup, and a group photo to remember your experience.
- Private sushi-making lesson & lunch (includes miso soup & 1 soft drink)
- Souvenir chef's uniform, fan, teacup, and group photo
- Professional, fluent guide
- Hotel pick-up
- One-way subway transportation to the restaurant
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
Know Before You Go
• Experience uses raw seafood
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all participants
• Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult
• Operated by an English-speaking guide
• For safety reasons, children between the ages of 5 – 7 and very active or inattentive children are not allowed behind the sushi counter. Instead, you will be able to enjoy making sushi in front of the counter where there is more space. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
• Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability