Explore hidden shops that sell traditional items not commonly found in modern-day Japan. Sample old-world sweet and savory snacks, learn about the art of making incense, visit a seaweed seller, and see a side of the city frozen in time.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Japanese
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the mechanical clock tower that is on the same side as the McDonald's in Ningyocho. In Japanese: Ningyocho Karakuri Yagura Edo Rakugo. You can access the meeting point from any of the following metro lines: Ningyocho station, Hibiya Line, Exit A1 (currently under reconstruction - Exit A2 is a 4-minute walk on the opposite side of the street); Ningyocho Station, Asakusa Line, Exit A3 (7-minute walk); or Suitengumae Station, Hanzomon Line, Exit 7 (4-minute walk).Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Some food allergies can be accommodated - check with the supplier beforehand
- This is a 3-hour walking tour - wear comfortable shoes
- This tour includes visits to independent, family-run businesses, which may sometimes unexpectedly close or alter their hours for the day. In such a case, you will visit other nearby shops or attractions
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted. Children under the age of 6 are free of charge. Please advise at the time of booking if you’re bringing a child under 6.
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.