During your lesson with a professional Shodo (Japanese calligraphy) artist, you will learn how to write basics with a brush. There will be an English-speaker present to help you communicate and ask the teacher any questions you may have.
What to Expect
Experience Shodo, Japanese calligraphy, which is one major component of Japanese traditional culture with a professional Shodo master, Yuriko Hoshino. She is a famous creator and designer who was involved in many projects such as making logos for games, manga, products, brands, companies and more.
You will experience writing your favorite words by learning a few basic writing techniques on special paper. The master will teach you how to write your name in Japanese and teach you the meaning of each kanji character as well. Once you are finished, you can bring the paper back home with you. Upon request, the master can also prepare your writing digitally, so that you can print it on your favorite item, such as a mug, T-shirt, etc.
- Lesson fee
- English translation fee
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
• Not recommended for people who always wear expensive cloth
• Your clothes may get dirty
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 7 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.