Explore the astonishing area of Meteora during a 2-day tour. Experience the diverse landscapes of the Greek countryside including breathtaking geological formations and ancient monasteries. Explore the town of Kalambaka and see its Byzantine church.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Small group
- Limited to 13 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Important: you must take the train yourself from Thessaloniki train station, departing for Kalambaka at 8:18 AM. Your guide will meet you holding a sign with your name on at the main entrance of Kalambaka Train Station, Kondili 59, Lárisa 412 22.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Due to the monasteries' strict dress code, men must wear trousers and a t-shirt or shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt
- The tour is offered in a small group with a maximum of 13 people
- Babies up to 3 years old are free to join if they can share the seat with their parent
- This tour is semi-independent, which means your tour guide will provide you with all necessary information about the monasteries on the bus, but will not escort you into them
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking on uneven surfaces. For some monasteries, walking up stairs is necessary.
- Due to local regulations, you have to pay a hotel tax (between €1.50 and €4.00) at the hotel
- Credit cards are not accepted for paying the monasteries' entrance fees
- Animals are not allowed to enter the monasteries.