The Pinnacles: Desert Sunset and Star-Gazing Tour from Perth
Pickup includedHotel pick-up is available from Perth CBD only.
- Enjoy a desert stargazing tour in the Pinnacles Desert
- Spot native animals like emus and kangaroos in their natural habitat
- Savor a glass of Margaret River wine as you watch the sunset
- Hear stories from the Aboriginal Dreamtime as you gaze up at the night sky
- See the rings of Saturn or Jupiter's moons through a powerful computerised telescope
Sandboarding, walk, view
Hangover Bay (walk)
The Pinnacles (dessert, dinner)
Stop in Lancelin for a walk along the beach. Experience the thrill of sandboarding down giant sand dunes. Board the bus and visit Ngilgen Lookout to see seasonal wildflowers and admire views over the Indian Ocean.
Go for a guided walk on the beach at Hangover Bay to see native plants that were used by the Aborigines for food and medicine when they lived off the land.
Enjoy dinner at the Observation Deck in the Pinnacles Desert, accompanied by a glass of Margaret River wine. See the sunset over the Indian Ocean and later marvel at the stars with the help of astro binoculars and a telescope.
See the Rings of Saturn through the telescope and photograph the moon by attaching your smartphone to the telescope.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Local guide
- Glass of wine
- Barbecue dinner
- Use of sandboards
- National park entry fees
- Use of telescopes and astro binoculars
Prepare for the activity
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
• An early lunch or late breakfast is recommended as lunch is not included
• You can attach your smartphone to the telescope to take photos of the moon
• Bring a hat and sunglasses for the daytime and warm clothing for the evening