Experience a sunset-and-stargazing adventure high in the craggy landscapes of spectacular Teide National Park. Toast the sunset with a glass of French champagne before enjoying a typical Canarian dinner, followed by stargazing with the aid of a guide.
What to Expect
Enjoy an amazing sunset from the Las Narices del Teide viewpoint or by taking an evening VIP cable car ride up Teide.
After an 8-minute ride to the upper station, at 3,555 meters, you’ll be able to admire Teide's shadow that reaches as far as Gran Canaria. Toast the sunset with a glass of French champagne before taking a short walk to see the natural spectacle of the sun setting behind the Pico Viejo crater and La Gomera, El Hierro, and La Palma.
After sunset you’ll enjoy a cocktail dinner featuring dishes typical of the islands, including papas arrugás (wrinkled potatoes) served with various mojos (sauces), and skewers of carne fiesta (seasoned pork meat), all accompanied by white, red, and rose wines from the islands.
After dinner you’ll have the opportunity to gaze at the stars with the help of a guide and a professional telescope. See distant constellations and planets in the ideal conditions of Teide National Park.
If the weather conditions make it difficult to see the stars clearly, your guide will use audiovisual equipment to provide a virtual tour of the night sky, the constellations, and notable objects that you would otherwise have seen.
- Hotel pick-up (if booked)
- Sunset with a glass of French champagne
- VIP cable car ride (if booked)
- Full typical Canary Islands cocktail dinner
- Stargazing with starlight guides and long range telescopes
What's Not Included
- Entrance to the Teide Observatory
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Pick-up times listed serve as guidelines, but the exact time will depend on the location of your hotel, and will be confirmed after booking
• The duration listed for the option with pick-up serves as a guideline, as it depends on the location of your hotel
• In case of adverse weather conditions, especially during the winter, which may affect the safety of the roads leading to Mount Teide, visits may be unexpectedly canceled
• Be sure to wear warm clothing and sturdy footwear
• Those with health problems should consult with their doctors before undertaking this activity. The activity is not recommended for people with breathing or heart problems or pregnant women
• Children under 8 years of age are not permitted on this tour