Canary Islands: Mount Teide Cable Car RideProduct ID: 51528
From $49 per personBook now
- Ride a cable car over craters and rivers of lava
- Enjoy spectacular views of Teide National Park
- Ascend the highest peak in Spain by cable car
Daybreak and sunset are moments of great beauty in the park and when night falls it becomes one of the best places on the planet to stargaze. The changing seasons offer indescribable spectacles, with explosions of color from Teide white broom or Teide bugloss in springtime to the snows that cover the volcano in winter.
From the base station you’ll board the cable car for the 8-minute ride up to the highest peak in Spain. The cable car’s upper station, at 3,555 meters, is the point of departure for 3 interesting trails for hiking enthusiasts.
There are paths to Pico Viejo Lookout and La Fortaleza Lookout, where you’ll have spectacular views of the north and south of the island, respectively. The Telesforo Bravo path leads to the highest point of the volcano, at an altitude of 3,718 meters. To visit the peak you must apply for a permit in advance.
- Round-trip cable car ride
- Direct admission to the Teide cable car's boarding area
- Transfers to/from the cable car station
- Permit to ascend Teide Peak
- Tour guide or audio guide
08:35/11:05: bus stop Riu Arecas 08:45/11:15: bus stop Isla Bonita 09:00/11:30: bus stop Los Hibiscos 09:10/11:40: bus stop Olé Tropical 09:15/11:45: bus stop Best Tenerife 09:30/12:00: bus Stop Tryp Tenerife Princesa Dácil 10:50/13:20: Teleférico (Open in Google Maps)
• Opening hours are 09:00-17:00, but the last departure is at 16:00 and the last ride back down is at 16:50
• Adverse weather conditions, especially during the winter, may affect the safety of the roads leading to the cable car (snow, ice, falling rocks), and visits may be unexpectedly cancelled
• Be sure to wear warm clothing and sturdy footwear, and to bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen (as needed)
• People with health problems should consult a doctor before undertaking this activity
• This activity is not recommended for people with breathing or heart problems, pregnant women, or young babies
• During August, to avoid long queues, it is recommended to use the cable car before 10:00 or after 13:00
• Babies up to 2 years old inclusive cannot be brought on the tour if you are selecting a transfer.
Product ID: 51528