Discover the largest solar observatory in the world on a 1.5-hour tour of Mount Teide Observatory. See the sunspots and solar flares through a professional scope, and get access to a professional night scope to know its history and learn how it works.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Spanish, German
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
- Passport or ID card for children
Know before you go
- Please wear warm clothes and proper footwear. Please bring a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen when necessary
- Teide's Observatory is located at an altitude of approximately 2,400 meters above sea level; an altitude at which oxygen diminishes. Groups will move about within the Observatory on gravel paths. For this reason it is not recommended for people with general physical problems (anaemia, cardio-pathologies, respiratory problems, etc.). If you are not sure if you should visit, consult your doctor
- Teide Observatory is in the area of Izaña. The entrance is located at "Km. 37" on the TF-24 highway
- The visit of the Teide Observatory is not allowed for children under 8
- Children must confirm their age with a passport or ID card