Discover La Gomera, the small and beautiful island next to Tenerife. Hike through the verdant laurel forest in the National Park Garajonay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and experience the fascinating ecosystem on the island.
What to Expect
Discover the beautiful green island of La Gomera on a day trip during your stay on Tenerife.
The tour begins with a ride on the "Naviera Armas" ferry from Los Cristianos on Tenerife to San Sebastián, the capital of La Gomera.
From San Sebastián, travel by bus to the Garajonay National Park, home of the "Laguna Grande," which has been described as an old witches' dancing place.
On a 3.5 to 4-hour hike through the lush growth of the "El Cedro" rainforest, one of the largest laurel forests in the world, discover the native land and life and learn more about the unique ecosystem of the National Park, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1986.
Before you arrive at your destination for the day, regain your strength in a quaint local tavern (food not included). Try local specialties only available on La Gomera for reasonable prices. Enjoy the personal atmosphere in the small restaurant, which has been in the same family for generations.
Complete the day after this respite with a visit to the old water tunnels, which are especially romantic when explored with a candle in hand.
After this, go further with the bus and enjoy a picturesque view of San Sebastián before taking the ferry back to Tenerife.
- Pick-up from your hotel (or another nearby meeting point) in Southern Tenerife
- Transfer from Tenerife to La Gomera and back
- Professional multilingual guide
Know Before You Go
• Please note that sturdy shoes and surefootedness are required
• The outside hike lasts about 3.5-4 hours; the outing takes place over the whole day
• This is an easy to intermediate hike, approximately 150 meters up the mountain and 350 meters downhill
• The tunnel section of the tour is not recommended if you have claustrophobia. Please notify the tour guide before the start of the tour so that an alternative can be planned
• An original, valid photo ID must be presented for the ferry ride