Travel from Tel Aviv to the ancient city of Petra and observe a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, on a day tour. Visit the city and main buildings, dine on a traditional buffet lunch, and enjoy shopping at the bazaars.
What to Expect
Spend an entire day in Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a full-day excursion from Tel Aviv. After a morning flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat, you will be assisted in crossing the border into Jordan. Then drive in an air-conditioned vehicle on a 50-mile (80 kilometer) journey to Petra.
Along the way, you will stop at a guest house to get refreshed, and again near the Hasan Prince Palace for a marvelous
view of the Petra mountains. Upon arriving at the visitor center, a guide will escort you.
Head into the city through the Siq to be greeted by the sight of Jordan's most unique monument, The Treasury (known as Al Khazneh). Then tour the local highlights, including the theater, the tombs, the facades, and the colonnaded street. You will also go on a short horse ride.
After an open lunch buffet, head back in to the city where you will have time to shop at the Bedouin bazaars. You will then have the option of a trip to the city of Aqaba or transportation back to the southern border for your departure.
- Round-trip flights between Sde Dove and Eilat airports
- All transfers on the trip
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Short horse ride in Petra
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant
What's Not Included
- Border fees ($65 special fee for crossing the Israel-Jordan border. Border fees may change due to currency rates changes.)
- Personal insurance
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Visa (can be obtained at the border for a fee of USD 75)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Flight schedules are subject to change.
• Visa, tax, and border fees and tips will be paid in cash only (payable in US dollars, Pound Sterling, or Israeli Shekel).
• A valid passport is required on the day tour. The supplier requires nationality, passport number, place and date of issue, birth date, and expiry date for reservation.
• Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas.
• Border passing includes border control and customs. This process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
• Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
• There will be a 100% cancelation fee.
Don't forget: Very warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer, cool comfortable clothing, and comfortable walking shoes.