This remarkable half-day tour will take you to Jericho, the most ancient city in the world. Head into the amazing Judean desert, visit the Mound of Ancient Jericho and experience many of the world's most historic landmarks, some dating back to 8,000 BC.
What to Expect
We will begin our day with a descent into the Judean desert, with a chance to see the Inn of the Good Samaritan en route. Once we arrive, look out over the remarkable moonscape of the breathtaking Judean desert. We will take a short break at sea level and then continue to Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
Stop at Zacheus Sycamore to see the oldest Sycamore tree, which Zacheus climbed in order to spot Jesus. Visit the Mound of Ancient Jericho, where 25 ancient cities were uncovered.
Founded in 8,000 BC, Jericho is also the oldest Jewish settlement in the world and was captured by Joshua and Israel in 1,200 BC. Stop for an impressive view of Mt. Temptation, where Satan endeavored to tempt Jesus, and get an overview of the oasis of Jericho and Elisha's Spring.
After taking in all of these incredible sites, we will return to Tel Aviv and drop you off at your hotel.
- Entry fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please remember that a valid passport is required on the day of travel.
• This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations.
• The Palestinian guide will meet the tour only at the border post.
• Change of vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory.
• There is no immediate return to Netanya's hotels.
• Tour is not suitable for children under the age of 4