Georgia: Day-Trip to Mtskheta, Stalin Museum & Uplistsikhe
Pickup includedYour accommodation in Tbilisi.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Mtskheta
- Discover top attractions including Jvari Monastery and Svetitskhoveli Cathedral
- Visit historic caves and chambers in medieval Uplistsikhe
- Immerse yourself in the history of this fascinating city
After a short and scenic drive your first stop will be Jvari Church (6th -7th cc), the most important religious center and an architectural masterpiece of medieval Georgia. Enjoy the breathtaking view from the church that towers over the city of Mtskheta. Continue on to Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, known as the burial site of Christ's robe and the second largest church building in the country. The Cathedral has long been the principal Georgian church and remains one of the most venerated places of worship to this day.
Take an excursion to Uplistsikhe Cave Town, an ancient cave town and one of the oldest urban settlements in Georgia. The town represents a complex of various structures dating from the 12th-century. BC to the 17th-century. AD. Finish your tour at the Stalin Museum in Gori, dedicated to the life of Joseph Stalin. This museum is the perfect location for any Stalin or politic enthusiasts. End your day in comfort with a relaxing car ride back to your accomodation in Tbilisi.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Wi-Fi onboard
- Private tour (if option selected)
- Wine tasting ($8) optional
- Entry to Stalin Museum (15 GEL per person)
- Entry to Uplistsikhe (15 GEL per person)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Prepare for the activity
• A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible