Rotorua: Geothermal Valley Shore Excursion with Lunch
- Visit a living Maori village and see the Pohutu Geyser in Rotorua
- Savor a 2-course lunch with unlimited teas and coffee
- Learn about the Maori culture with a Maori guide in the Whakarewarewa valley
- See the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere
- Walk under the fruit trees of a kiwi fruit orchard, and sample different fruit
Arrive at a Maori village in Rotorua, and get a warm welcome from a local guide. Experience the Maori way of life and learn how they use the natural resources to cook, bathe, and heat their homes. View the geothermal wonders of the Whakarewarewa valley, and watch an amazing cultural performance.
Savor a 2-course lunch at one of Rotorua's acclaimed restaurants, with unlimited tea and coffee. Take a leisurely drive along the lakefront, and stop to admire the giant redwood trees in the forest. Learn about the silver fern and its relevance as a symbol of New Zealand. Next, visit a working kiwi fruit orchard to learn how it became established in New Zealand. Taste different varieties and discover numerous products made from the fruit.
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Entry and cultural performance at a living Maori village
- 2-course lunch with tea and coffee
- Visit to a working kiwi fruit orchard
Prepare for the activity
Pickup from the Port of Tauranga. Walk along the wharf and through the information tent, where you will see the port gates. Your guide will be waiting with a name board with the name of the lead traveller written on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• All tickets are pre-booked with no sales on the day to avoid waiting times
• This is a small group shore excursion