Taormina: Mt. Etna Full-Day Shore ExcursionProduct ID: 29190
From US$435.80 Per group up to 3Book now
- Discover Mount Etna on an 8-hour shore excursion from Taormina Port
- Ascend to the summit by cable car or uni-mog for panoramic views of Sicily
- Immerse yourself in the scents and natural sights of Europe’s largest volcano
- Peer into the amphitheater of the Valle del Bove
You will be picked up from Taormina-Giardini Naxos Port for the drive to Etna Natural Park-South Side at Rifugio Sapienza. Upon arrival, explore the Silvestri craters by the parking lot, with the option to ascend to the very top on the Funivia dell’Etna cable car. Admire the beautiful volcanic landscape, full of the rich sounds, scents, and colors of nature, and see lava fields and steaming vents.
There are 2 options for your ascent. You can climb to an altitude of 8,200 feet (2,500 meters) from Rifugio Sapienza to Montagnola. Upon arrival, hike around the volcanic landscape, or relax with a cappuccino at the bar, and take in the panoramic views.
The more adventurous can continue to a height of 9,580 feet (2,920 meters) on board the Uni-Mog mini-coach from Montagnola. Drive up the dirt roads to a height of about 9,190 feet (2,800 meters) before walking the last stretch to the summit. Marvel at the volcanic amphitheater of the "Valle del Bove," and see typical tunnel caves.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver escort
- Tour as per itinerary
- Ascent fees
- Licensed tour guide
- Food and drinks
Pick-up from Taormina Port. Please note that in bad weather, the tour can be cancelled or redirected for pick-ups from Catania or Messina ports, subject to at least 24 hours notice. A EUR 50 surcharge for up to 8 people will apply to cover the costs (Open in Google Maps)
• From March-May and October-November wear winter coats and sturdy shoes or hiking boots. From June-September dress in layers and bring a waterproof jacket
Product ID: 29190