Taste the wines of Sicily before watching a concert of Italian opera on a 4-hour tour of Taormina. Learn the secrets of the grape varietals and wine production. Then, stroll through the charming alleys of Taormina to enjoy opera in a small theater.
What to Expect
Discover the wine secrets of Sicily on a half-day combined wine tasting tour and opera concert in Taormina. Then, follow your tour leader through the narrow streets of Taormina to hear opera at a small theater venue.
Meet your tour leader to walk to a popular wine bar in Taormina’s historical city center. Go inside to meet the owner, Gianluca, and learn the history and secrets of Sicily’s local wines. Hear about the grape varieties, fermentation and production processes. Taste 3 different wines, accompanied by Sicilian delicatessen.
Then, stroll through charming alleys of Taormina to reach a small theater. Here, you will go on a timeless journey through Italian opera and hear some of the most famous arias and duets from the Italian opera repertoire.
The winning combination of voice and pianist will transport you to a world of emotional intensity, touching your heart and soul with arias by Mozart, Verdi, Puccini, Donizetti, and Rossini. Enjoy a glass of prosecco on the magnificent terrace overlooking Taormina’s most beautiful square, Piazza IX Aprile.
- Tour escort from the center of Taormina to the wine bar and theater
- Sicilian wine guide
- 3 wine tastings of local wines
- Sicilian dessert tasting
- Mineral water
- Italian opera show, with a glass of prosecco
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Extra drinks
Meet in front of the local supplier's office at Via Bagnoli Croci 58, 98039, Taormina, Sicily
Know Before You Go
• Please note that it is illegal to sell alcohol to children under 16 years old. Children under 16 years old will be served non-alcoholic beverages only
• Please provide advance notice of any special needs or impaired mobility issues
• A vegetarian menu is available on request at time of booking
• This activity is only available in English to enhance the quality of the experience