Cruise along the coast of eastern Sicily on a 5-hour boat tour from Taormina. Visit secluded bays, where you can anchor for a swim and laze in the sun. Enjoy a fresh fish lunch served by the waters of the natural reserve of Isola Bella.
What to Expect
Spend the day at sea on a 5-hour boat tour of the bays of Taormina, and marvel at the coastline of the “Pearl of the Ionian Sea” as you head to the nature reserve of Isola Bella.
To really experience Taormina is to see it from its most privileged view points; the coves and bays that line the coast of one of Sicily’s most enchanting areas. Descend the steps that lead to one of the most renowned places in Taormina at Isola Bella, defined as the “Pearl of the Mediterranean” by the German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden.
Cruise by comfortable boat as you caressed by the sea breeze. Go to the Grotta Azzurra to see colorful shades of blue. Admire the rocky coastline of Capo Taormina, made famous by the film “Le Grand Blue.” Take in the views of Mt. Etna and the Gulf of Giardini Naxos as a perfect backdrop. Go for a refreshing dip in the waters of the Grotta del Giorno.
Then, continue along the coast towards the Bay of Mazzarò to discover the beach loved by the locals. Pass the luxury hotels and fashionable lidos where the slow “La Dolce Vita” of Sicily is celebrated. Visit the Bay of Mermaids to see one of the most secluded and characteristic bays of the entire coastline.
Return to Isola Bella, which, thanks to its unique geographical form, has been declared a monument of historical and artistic interest. End with a wonderful fish based meal in a typical Sicilian trattoria just a few meters from the crystal clear waters of the reserve.
- Pick-up by minivan from the centrally located meeting point in Taormina
- 2.5-hour boat tour, with visits to the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, Grotta del Giorno, Bay of Mazzarò, and Bay of Mermaids
- Tour leader service throughout
- Water and soft drinks on board the boat
- Fresh fish lunch with drinks (0.5-liter bottle of mineral water or a 0.25-liter bottle of local wine)
What's Not Included
- Extra drinks
- Tips and gratuities
The tour departs from the Experience Taormina office, Via Bagnoli Croci, 58 at 09:00
What to Remember
• Confirmation of your tour will be received at the time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
• The tour is subject to cancellation in the event of adverse weather or sea conditions
• A vegetarian menu is available if requested at time of booking
• Please notify the local supplier of any food intolerances or allergies in advance
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
• Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience
• Clients are required to be at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.