Book this unique jeep tour of Mount Etna for an out-of-the-ordinary experience. Ascend to an altitude of 1,900 meters and enjoy stunning area views. Visit a lava cave and stop to taste a local product such as pastry, honey, or wine.
What to Expect
Your driver will meet you at your hotel and you’ll head off on the drive to Etna volcano. Spend 5 hours on this jeep adventure, and ride up to a maximum altitude of 1,900 meters. Enjoy great views and taste a special local product as you discover the hidden treasures of the most active European volcano.
During the first stop your driver will provide an introduction to Mount Etna, and you’ll visit a lava front. Next is a 50-minute walk through lava craters (Sartorius Mounts, at 1,700 meters) or, if you prefer, free time at Rifugio Citelli.
Later the jeep will take you up to 1,850 meters (Piano Provenzana) to see some of the lava flow from the 2002 eruption.
On the last stop you’ll visit a lava cave before the drive back to Taormina.
During this tour you’ll have the opportunity to taste a local product that could be local wine, pastry, or honey.
Note that the tour is offered every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Jeep excursion in a small group (6 passengers per vehicle maximum)
- Bottle of water for each passenger
- Tasting of a local product during the tour (pastry, honey, or wine)
What's Not Included
- Drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Please provide the name and address of your hotel.
What to Remember
• From March-May and October-November be sure to bring a winter coat and wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots
• From June-September be sure to bring waterproof clothing and dress in layers and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers
• Don’t forget your sunscreen, sunglasses, and sun hat