Mount Etna and Alcantara Full-Day Adventure Tour
From $108 per personBook now
- Ascend to the crater of Mt. Etna
- Marvel at the river carved lava canyon of the Alcantara Gorges
- Enjoy views from the top of Europe's highest still active volcano
- Ride the cable car from the Rifugio Sapienza
Your first stop will be the Alcantara Gorges to see how a river dug a stunning canyon into the lava stones that spilled out of Etna. Then, head to the flaming heart of the island and attempt to reach the top of an active volcano! Stop at Rifugio Sapienza, located 2,000 meters above sea level. Here, your guide will explain some interesting facts about the mountain, the highest active volcano on the European continent.
The view from the refuge is stunning. But nothing compares with the view from 2,900 meters! Those that choose to carry on will take a breathtaking ascent to the main crater by cable car and off-road minibus. Then, hike around the lunar-like lava landscape.
- Cable car fees
- Alpine guide
- Lift down to the gorge
- Anoraks and walking shoes (can be hired at 1,900 meters)
For Hotels in Taormina: Taormina Bus Terminal (08.00) For Taormina Mare: Mazzarò Cable Car Station (08.10) For Letojanni: Bottom of the Hotel Driveway (08.15) For Giardini Naxos: Recanati Bus Terminal (08.30)
• Bring shorts, flip flops, towels, comfortable thick soled shoes, an extra jumper, and a wind breaker (can be hired on site)
• The activity level is rated moderate. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that is also suitable for families
Product ID: 43254