This full-day diving tour is a wonderful way for certified divers to experience the bays of Taormina. Dive, enjoy the natural reserve and its creatures, and have lunch by the waters of Isola Bella.
What to Expect
Whether you have just got your certification or are a seasoned scuba diver, this diving tour is the perfect day out in Taormina. Prepare to be amazed by the unique morphology of the coast and its wonderful seabeds.
Taormina is home to a plethora of fish and invertebrates: sponge colonies, red star fish, sea pikes, seahorses, rays, and lobsters just a few meters below the surface. Marvel at the sea life and feel free to ask any questions about the creatures you see. Before heading underwater, enjoy a scenic ride on the dive boat and admire the magnificent views of "Isola Bella" and "Grotta Azzurra”.
After meeting your diving professional who will offer a detailed dive briefing, get kitted out in full scuba gear and have an introduction to the various dive sites. When your group is ready, you'll head out into the beautiful turquoise waters of Taormina’s bays and get ready for your underwater experience. You will enjoy two dives with a break in between.
Starting from the site of Naxos Calcara that was one of the first landing sites of the Greeks in Sicily, you can travel along to the Roman Columns, the marine park of Isola Bella, the beautiful bay of the blue caves, and finally arrive at the rock 'du Zio Innaru' next to the bay of Taormina Mazzarò.
Refreshments are offered to all guests during the tour and along with the friendly staff you will enjoy the magical atmosphere of our wonderful island. At the end of the tour enjoy a delicious fish based meal in a typical Sicilian 'trattoria' just a few meters from the crystal waters of the nature reserve of Isola Bella. To head back to the center of Taormina at the end of the tour you can take the cable car located in a walking distance from Isola Bella.
- Pick up in Taormina, Giardini Naxos & Letojanni
- Boat ride along the coastline of Giardini Naxos and Taormina
- 2 dives with certified scuba diving guide
- Air supply underneath the boat and an oxygen tank and first aid kit on board
- First class equipment
- Refreshments on board, soft drinks, seasonal fresh fruit, Sicilian liquors with local biscuits
- Fish based lunch and drinks (1/2 liter mineral water, 1/4 liter local wine)
What's Not Included
- Extra drinks and personal expenses
- Drop off
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
• All divers will be asked to complete a registration form
• Please inform the tour operator of any food intolerances or allergies in advance of your tour
• Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and your own towel
• All dives are within the recreational no decompression limits
• This is an English-speaking activity only
• Children participating must be at least 10 years old, certified divers and accompanied by one of their parents