Go fishing with a local fisherman then feast on what you caught in the crystal-clear Isola Bella.
What to Expect
Today it’s possible to follow the local fisherman’s footsteps thanks to the an exclusive tour restricted to a small number of participants to guarantee and enhance an authentic experience. The meeting point is a centrally located office where your tour leader will be waiting to lead you to the Isola Bella nature reserve on board of the comfortable minivan, and will be on hand to assist you throughout the tour.
You will then descend the steps that lead to one of the most renowned places in Taormina - Isola Bella - defined the Pearl of the Mediterranean by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden.
After a visit to the Grotta Azzurra and bays of Taormina in a typically Sicilian wooden fishing boat you will stop at a local fishing spot. Your local fisherman will show you the tools used everyday to catch the local fish. Get ready to get your hands dirty preparing the bait, and feel the lines tug as you hook some local delicacies. You will learn to fish like the true Sicilian fishermen and locals who regularly enjoy this past time.
With the fishing over there's just enough time for a dip in the shimmery blue waters, then it's time to enjoy a meal of the fresh catch. Your chef will prepare and serve you lunch just a few meters from the waters edge.
- Pick up with minivan from the centrally located meeting point in Taormina
- Visits to the Grotta Azzurra and bays of Isola Bella and Capo Taormina
- 2,5 hour fishing and all necessary equipment
- Tour leader
- Water, soft drinks on board
- Fresh fish lunch with drinks (1/2 liter mineral water, 1/4 liter local wine)
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses and extra drinks
- Drop off
Know Before You Go
• The tour is subject to cancellation in the case of adverse weather or sea conditions.
• Vegetarian menu available when requested at the time of booking.
• Please advise any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
• Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
• Only in English