Tampa: The Florida Aquarium Skip-the-Line Entrance
- Benefit from skip-the-ticket-line (only) entrance to The Florida Aquarium
- Enjoy 3 different touch pools including hypnotic moon jellies, curious stingrays, and cool creatures with no bones
- Discover marine creatures from around the world including sharks, sea turtles, leafy sea dragons, lemurs, and free-flying birds
1 of 4 places in the nation with a unique moon jellies touch pool experience, the Moon Bay exhibit allows for a close encounter with a hypnotically graceful ocean creature with surprising survival skills. On the Wetlands Trail, see species such as alligators, river otters, and even the invasive Burmese python. There is also a large aviary that allows birds to explore in a safe environment. Journey through a mangrove forest to see it teeming with local fish. Witness feedings of the intriguing pink spoonbill or other animals and learn more about the wildlife during scheduled presentations at the ranger station.
Embark on the Journey to Madagascar, a unique exhibit featuring ring-tailed lemurs, chameleons, hissing cockroaches, and marine life found in the Indian Ocean. In the Bays to Beaches exhibit, see spiny lobsters and the strange Toadfish as well as Batfish who walk on the bottom of the seafloor. Take the opportunity to touch our gentle aquatic creatures at Stingray Beach, or bizarre creatures that have no backbone such as anemones and sea stars. In the coral tunnel, discover the intriguing sea dragons and sea horses. The Florida Aquarium journey culminates at the 500,000-gallon habitat that features sharks, rays, sea turtles, reef fish, and moray eels.
Learn about the aquarium’s conservation efforts at the Waves of Wonder gallery. The highlight of this section is the Heart of the Sea where you will see staghorn coral trees, bonnethead sharks, loggerhead turtle, tarpon, southern stingrays, spotted eagle rays, plus a variety of reef fish.
At The Splash Pad, bring swimsuits for the kids who are invited to play in in the outdoor plaza at the rain-forest themed water feature with dump buckets and waterworks, plus net climbs, slides and more.
- General admission which includes access to all exhibits, 3 touch pools, 4-D Theater, The Splash Pad, plus educational and entertaining shows or presentations such as Penguin Meet and Greet, Secret Sealife Superhero, and more
- Food and drinks are available for purchase onsite at Cafe Ray
Prepare for the activity
Follow "Will Call" signs to enter through the main entrance of The Florida Aquarium. If parking is needed, follow signs to the official aquarium surface lot located 1 block north at the corner of Channelside Drive and York Street. And then follow signs to the main entrance of the aquarium. If arriving via TECO streetcar/trolley, disembark at Amalie Arena station and walk east 1.5 blocks on Channelside Drive or disembark at Cumberland Avenue station and walk south 0.5 blocks on Channelside Drive.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The Aquarium is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
• Please note that if young children intend to play in the Splash Pad, adults should bring towels and a change of clothing
• A limited number of wheelchairs, electric scooter, and strollers are available for rent on a daily basis
• Official Aquarium parking is located 1 block north of The Florida Aquarium at the corner of Channelside Drive and York Street. The cost is $10 per vehicle, payable by major credit card only (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) at the gate; no cash please.
• The Aquarium is a 501(C)(3) not-for-profit attraction devoted to entertaining, educating, and inspiring visitors to be advocates for marine life conservation
• It is recommended to allow at least 2 hours for your visit
• The Aquarium is open daily from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
• The Florida Aquarium has Infection Prevention Approval by Tampa General Hospital.