Taste your way through Sydney’s bustling Chinatown as you support a social enterprise that was established to share personal stories of migration and settlement through the eyes of culturally diverse Australians.
What to Expect
This Sydney food tour is a slice of history and culture alongside deliciously diverse cuisine, telling the Aussie story of migration and settlement from the early days to the most modern.
You’ll meet with local business owners and hear their stories of settlement as you tour through Chinatown. As you explore and learn about Australia’s varied communities, you’ll sample flavors from different regions of China, Japan, Malaysia, and the Philippines, and even take part in a tea ceremony in a traditional tea house. You’ll find out where the locals love to eat, and learn about authentic recipes passed down over centuries in Asia and adapted to include Australian ingredients. There are generous portions on this tour, so come hungry!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food tastings (equivalent to a full meal for most people)
- Tea and water
What's Not Included
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Transport to/from the start/end point
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes for walking, and dress for the weather.
• If any of the restaurants are closed, the supplier will offer alternate locations that have been previously tested and approved.