Reach one of the most famous attractions in Brazil on your own feet through hiking and climbing. Once at the top, enjoy a wonderful view of the sunset before enjoying a cable car ride back down.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, Portuguese
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
General Tiburcio Square - Urca district (close to SugarLoaf Cable Car Station). In front of the monument in the middle of the square. https://goo.gl/maps/eSdXDawwKy6UuWj97 (15 minutes car ride from Copacabana).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Breathable clothing
- Passport or ID card, copy accepted
Know before you go
- During the hike, there is a short rock climb section. This section is easy, quick, safe, and suitable for those with no previous climbing experience;
- The level of this hike is advanced. The total distance is 5 km (3.1 miles);
- Sugar Loaf is at an elevation of 396 meters (1,030 feet) and Urca Hill is at 220 meters (722 feet);
- After 5 pm, the descent from Morro da Urca to the beach is done by cable car (not included), due to the closing time of the trail.