3 Lakes in 2 Countries: 1-Day Tour from Stresa
From $67 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up directly outside most hotels in Stresa and Baveno. Please contact us when you've made your booking and let us know where you are staying so we can advise your exact pick-up point
- Experience the beautiful scenery of Lake Maggiore including the floating castles at Cannero
- Hit the designer shops on Via Nassa in the bustling Swiss town of Lugano
- Admire the amazing fresco of the Passion in the Santa Maria degli Angeli church in Lugano
- Visit the grand gardens at Villa Carlotta on Lake Como and enjoy a picnic overlooking the lake
- Take a stroll down Via Vittorio Emanuele II in Como city and take a look in the cathedral
- Learn all about the 3 lakes with the expert guide
Your first stop is in Lugano city, which nestles between the peaks of San Salvatore and Monte Bré and looks out over the celestial blue waters of the lake. Imagine taking a stroll along the palm and cypress tree lined promenade which gives the city a truly Mediterranean feel. Or head for the Palazzo Civico to feel the hustle and bustle of the city center – this area is brimming with restaurants and boutiques. Why not stop in at the deli in Via Pessina were you can buy a sandwich for a picnic later on at Villa Carlotta. Don't miss a look into the Santa Maria degli Angeli church to see the amazing frescoes by Bernadino.
Your journey continues across beautiful countryside to Lake Como which has to be one of the most spectacular lakes in Italy with sparkling waters surrounded by dramatic mountains. Here there is the opportunity to visit Villa Carlotta where every ceiling is a masterpiece of frescoes and where, in the gardens, there are over 500 species from giant sequoia to camellias. Otherwise you can enjoy lunch at one of the many restaurants in Tremezzo. Then it is on to Como itself – a modern city steeped in history. Here you can see the 14th century cathedral or hunt out some bargains in the vast array of silk shops.
- Return journey by modern air-conditioned tour bus
- Services of an expert guide
- Entrance to Villa Carlotta (€9.00/€5.00 for over 65s with proof of age)
- Meals, drinks, and refreshments
We have a meeting point outside our office in the center of Stresa and in the center of Baveno, however we do direct pick-ups at most hotels in Stresa and Baveno.
Product ID: 33923