Lake Orta Afternoon Tour from Stresa
From $43 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePlease provide the local supplier with your accommodation details and they will assign the nearest pick-up point.
- Visit the village of Orta San Giulio and discover one of Italy's most beautiful lakes at Lake Orta
- Take a relaxing boat cruise to San Giulio Island and visit the basilica
- Stroll the narrow lanes of Orta San Giulio and stop for an ice cream in the lakeside piazza
- See the giant Colossus of San Carlo Borromeo in Arona
Surrounded by lush woodland, Lake Orta is a hidden secret of the northern lakes district of Italy. You will have plenty of free time to stroll the quaint, cobbled streets of the village of Orta San Giulio.
Watch the world go by over a coffee at a café in the picturesque lakeside piazza. Take an optional boat ride to San Giulio Island, and visit the 12th-century basilica and crypt of San Giulio. Or simply admire the views across the lake from the single lane that encompasses the island.
Continue through the countryside of the Vergante hills and journey along the southern tip of Lake Maggiore. See the towering statue of the Colossus of San Carlo Borromeo, said to be the largest in the world and offering panoramic views of the lake.
- Return transfers to Lake Orta by tour bus
- Guide service
- Meals and refreshments
- Optional boat cruise to San Giulio Island (payable to the guide on the day of your tour)
The meeting point is the Viaggi Tomassucci travel office, Piazza Marconi, 3, 28838, Stresa. However, let the local supplier know where you are staying as pick-up at your hotel may be possible. (Open in Google Maps)
• If you do not take the boat cruise and choose to spend the time in the village of Orta San Giulio please note that the 600-meter walk from the bus to the village center is downhill
Product ID: 44391