Strahan: World Heritage Cruise on Gordon River with Lunch
- Discover the world heritage listed Gordon River on a morning cruise
- Savor a delicious buffet lunch of local Tasmanian produce
- Enjoy a guided tour of Sarah Island
- See high-tech aquaculture farms
Climb aboard a purpose-built catamaran that departs from Strahan Wharf and heads towards Hells Gates, the narrow-channel entrance to Macquarie Harbor.
Pass ocean trout and Atlantic salmon farms en-route to Sarah Island. Take a 1-hour guided tour of the island to learn about the harsh conditions of Tasmania's first penal settlement. From Sarah Island, travel into the majestic world heritage listed Gordon River.
Rediscover serenity while gliding deep into the ancient rainforest. Disembark at Heritage Landing for a stroll through the hushed, lichen-covered rainforest. Marvel at one of the forest's oldest inhabitants, a 2000-year-old Huon Pine.
Your cruise adventure is accompanied by engaging on-board commentary on the area's human history, ecology and geology. The commentary is enriched with anecdotes from the Grining family’s own experiences from more than a century of cruising on the famous river.
The included sumptuous lunch is freshly prepared daily and consists of local smoked salmon, cold meats, a large selection of salads, fresh fruit, Tasmanian cheeses, and local bakery bread. There is also a licensed bar on-board where you can purchase drinks and snacks.
- Cruise with full live commentary by the skipper
- Local staff on-board to answer any questions
- Guided tour of Sarah Island
- Heritage landing walk
- Individually prepared meal served on a tray with all Tasmanian produce, including: cold meats, smoked salmon, salads, cheese and biscuits, and a bread roll
- Allocated seating with access to walk freely all over the vessel
- Morning tea including a hot beverage or soft drink with a muffin or a slice - gold seating only
Prepare for the activity
19 Esplanade, Strahan Wharf, Strahan, Tasmania. Car parking is available close to the cruise departure point. Most Strahan accommodations are within easy walking distance. Strahan is located on the West Coast of Tasmania and is a 4.5-hour drive from Hobart, a 2-hour drive from Cradle Mountain or a 3.5-hour drive from Launceston.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• A minimum of 2 participants is required for the cruise to operate
• Dress according to the weather and wear comfortable shoes
• Cruise operates daily - except for 25th December and 15th July to 30th August
• Stair access only to the upper deck
• The cruise schedule is subject to change