Explore the winter side of the Stockholm Archipelago by kayak. Enjoy amazing nature only 30 minutes away from the Stockholm city center.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
Meet the group at Skärgårdens Kanotcenter Kayaks & Outdoor, Resarövägen 10, 185 51 Vaxholm, a 40-minute drive from Stockholm. Parking for free is possible in a large parking lot in front. You can take the bus from Stockholm C take the subway T14 direction Mörby centrum and switch at station Danderyds sjukhus to bus 670 towards Vaxholm. The nearest bus stop is 100m away and is called Engarn. Bus 670 departs regularly year-round. Alternatively, hop on the ferry at Quay Strömkajen or Slussen in central Stockholm and go off at station Vaxholm. In Vaxholm, walk to the bus stop Västerhamnsplan and take bus 670 towards Stockholm. After an 8 minute bus ride, hop off at bus stop Engarn. Depending on the season, traveling with either SL ferry line 83 or Waxholmsbolaget ferries is possible. Due to differing timetables, check departures on Waxholmsbolaget and SL websites.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Thermal clothing
- Alcohol and drugs
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Minimum age 16 years accompanied by an adult (if you have younger kids please book our private family tour and inform us ahead about age of kids)
- This tour requires understanding of English in order to communicate with the instructor
- A reasonable degree of fitness is required
- All participants must be able to swim
- The sauna option takes part in a mixed-sex sauna, which might be shared with other tour participants
- You are advised to wear warm thermal underwear (preferably merino wool). Bring 2x long pants or tights (no jeans), 2x long sleeve, 2x warm wool socks, a hat, and gloves