Skip the line and take a guided tour of Saint Stephen's Basilica including an exclusive visit to its dome for spectacular panoramic views over Budapest. Learn about the history, admire beautiful artworks, and see the oldest human hand in the world.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
On the steps in front of St. Stephen's Basilica, Budapest, Szent István tér 1., 1051 MagyarországOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The church is closed on some special occasions like wedding ceremonies
- Please wear clothes appropriate for a church (no sleeveless tops, short skirts or shorts); men should uncover their heads
- It is forbidden to eat, drink, or smoke in the church area
- To reach the dome panorama terrace there are 2 elevators: a bigger one in the lower part and a smaller one in the upper part of the building; instead of using the second smaller elevator you may climb about 200 steps to reach the top of the dome, in case there are too many people waiting for the elevator
- People who cannot climb steep steps should choose the tour option for people with limited mobility. Unfortunately this option is still not suitable for wheelchair users