Skip the hotel restaurant in favor of a truly local dinner activity in Grenada! Fish Friday in the coastal village of Gouyave is a weekly street festival that will give you a fun, exciting and unique look at local island life.
What to Expect
Your Fish Friday experience starts with hotel pickup by coach for the drive to Gouyave, about 12 miles (20 km) north of St George’s on Grenada’s west coast. A village that knows its seafood, the fishing hub of Gouyave began its weekly Fish Friday tradition to promote community development and to keep a bit of its annual June 29th Fisherman’s Birthday celebration going all year long. When you arrive, you are free to walk around the street festival on your own and soak up the lively atmosphere — often called ‘the town that never sleeps,’ Gouyave throws a good party.
Wander up and down the streets that are closed to traffic, checking out the many stalls selling heaps of freshly caught seasonal seafood, from lobster, conch and shrimp to barbecued snapper, cod fish cakes and jerked marlin. While you eat, listen to live music, mingle with locals and, most importantly, have a good time. Beverages like fresh juice and beer are also available for purchase (all food and drinks are at your own expense). When it’s time to leave, return to the coach for the drive back to your hotel. A guide is present at the festival if you need assistance or information, but this is mainly an independent activity.
- Local guide
- Transport by coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Minimum numbers apply.
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
• Note: some fish are seasonal and not always available
• Tours run at: 17:00, 17:30, 18:00, 18:30 and 19:00.