Split: 1-Hour Walking Tour of Diocletian's Palace
From $15 per personBook now
- Visit the old city center also known as Diocletian Palace
- Take in the historical sights of Split on a 1-hour walking tour
- See all the most important attraction of Split's cultural heritage
- Prepare to be amazed by the unique combination of modern and antique world
- Explore the most magnificent Roman architectural sight on the Adriatic coast
At the beginning of the 4th century, the Roman Emperor Diocletian constructed this Palace in order to be his summer residence after retirement. He remained here until his death, after which the palace became home to various expelled emperors and common people, migrating through the area of Dalmatia, who decided to remain within the palace walls. As time passed by, more and more settlements were built within the palace and eventually the area expanded into an official town. Today Diocletian’s Palace is known as the only historical monument in the world within which people still live.
- English-speaking local guide
- Food and drink
Apodos Office, Obala Lazareta B.B. The office is situated at the Eastern end of the Promenade in Split, by the taxi area. The office looks like a news stand and on the top it has a big sign displaying an open-air sightseeing bus. If you are having difficulties finding the exact pick-up location, please call the emergency number listed on your voucher or ask one of the staff members standing next to the panoramic open-top bus.
• Sunglasses and a hat are recommended on sunny days
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with 15 - 30 steps
• Do not bring valuable items like important documents or jewelry
Product ID: 50069