Herculaneum Half-Day Tour
From $41 per personBook now
Mobile Voucher Accepted
What You'll Do
- Listen to a professional local guide
- Ride in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Explore one of the most well-preserved Roman towns
Together with your guide, you’ll visit many of the most important sites in Herculaneum, the ancient town situated in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius.
What to Expect
Herculaneum was an ancient Roman town situated in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius, submerged under a torrent of mud and lava after Mount Vesuvius' eruption in 79 AD. The buildings have been so well-kept that you can walk down the streets pretty much exactly as the Romans would have done over 2000 years ago! There are still original timbers in the buildings and clay pots stored as they would have been at the time of the eruption. Together with your guide, you’ll visit many of the most important sites such as the public baths with their well-preserved frescoes and mosaics, shops and the gymnasium. A tour of possibly one of the best preserved examples of a Roman residential town in the world, brought to life by the years of study and knowledge ofarchaeologists.
- Professional local guide
- Hotel or dedicated meeting point pick-up and drop off
- Air-conditioned bus
What's Not Included
- Entrance fee to Herculaneum
What to Remember
• Take passports to obtain free or reduced admission where possible.
Product ID: 54144