During this trip you will visit Sofia - the capital of Bulgaria, one of the oldest cities in Europe. See Roman remains, mineral springs, orthodox churches, museums, and a lot of historical artifacts in the museums. Enjoy wineries and fine wines.
What to Expect
The duration of the trip is 5 days and 4 nights. Here is the itinerary (it can be rearranged).
Day 1: Sofia - Arrival and sightseeing tour. Blended wines and classic grape varieties from Estern region of Bulgaria.
Arrival at Sofia International Airport meet and greet by the representative of MIEL and transfer to the hotel for accommodation. Welcome drink and presenting the program of the journey. Time for relax. Meet the private professional tour guide (English-speaking) in the lobby and start the sightseeing tour of Sofia by foot with coffee break. In the evening you will have fine dinner with wine tasting of 5 types of Bulgarian wines from the Eastern Bulgaria. The sommelier will recommend which wine to taste depending on your preferences. You may also require tasting Bulgarian traditional spirits as Rakia or 15 or 30 years old brandy. The whole evening will be immersed in modern contemporary ambiance with live musical background. Transfer back to the hotel. Overnight.
Day 2: Sofia - Rozhen; Regional wines from Melnik and Struma River Valey presented by Zlaten Rozhen Winery.
After breakfast you started the journey to Southwest region of Bulgaria - Melnik. Accommodation in the hotel in a small village of Rozhen. In the afternoon you will drive to Zlaten Rozhen winery where you will have wine tasting of 5 types of wine (1 white, 1 rose and 3 red wine). After wine tasting and short refreshment you will have your dinner in the hotel restaurant. The dinner is previewed to be with fresh game meat, provided by your hosts. Overnight.
Day 3: Rozhen - Melnik - Rozhen; Regional wines from Melnik and Struma River Valey presented by Strimon Winery.
After a breakfast and relax in the afternoon you will visit the small town of Melnik. In the evening you will have your wine tasting in the family owned Strimon winery. Tasting of 5 types of local wines and dinner. Transfer to the hotel and overnight.
Day 4: Rozhen - Villa Melnik - Sofia; Regional wines from Melnik and Struma River Valey presented by Villa Melnik Winery.
After breakfast you will drive to Villa Melnik Winery for another tasting of 5 types of fine wines. In the afternoon you will drive back to Sofia. Accommodation in the hotel and overnight.
Day 5: Departure.
After breakfast transfer to the Airport for the departure flight.
- The package price is per person in double occupancy room and includes:
- Transfers by A/C car (or minivan) all along the program
- 4 nights in hotels 3* (2 nights in Sofia and 2 nights in Melnik region)
- 4 breakfasts
- Welcome drink
- 3 dinners
- Wine tasting of 20 wines
- Representative of MIEL all along the program (English, French, Russian languages)
- English-speaking tourist guide (other languages on request) for half-day sightseeing tour of Sofia
- Local taxes and VAT
What's Not Included
- Air fares to/from Sofia
- Optional activities
- Single occupancy supplement - EUR 20 per night
- Food and beverage not included in the offer
- Personal expenses and tips
Meet your guide at the local international airport - Sofia.
Know Before You Go
Summary of optional activities:
* Visit of National Historical Museum in Sofia;
* Visit of Rila Monastery – 10 A.D.(UNESCO World Heritage);
* Visit of Rozhen Monastery – 13 A.D.;
* Visit of a private game park;
* SPA procedures and thermal baths;
* Authentic folklore performance;
* Accommodation for 1 night in authentic Bulgarian guest house in Melnik (1*);
* Visit of Rupite - crater of an extinct volcano;
* Dinner in a traditional Bulgarian restaurant with live folklore show;