Discover one of Bulgaria’s UNESCO World Heritage gems on this day-trip. Admire rural Bulgaria en route to the Rila Monastery and visit the cave of Saint Ivan Rilski, one of the most sacred places in Bulgaria.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Welcoming travelers since 2012
Select participants and date
The parking lot in front of "La cattedrale" restaurant at the back side of Alexander Nevski Cathedral.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Kindly note that the tour is offered with an online audioguide as well. It is an online (cloud-based) audio-guide in different languages. Internet is required to download and use
- The monastery is a functioning Orthodox temple. A strict dress code is imposed and should be respected. Men and women should be wearing clothes covering their shoulders. Women should not wear short shorts or skirts
- It is advised that you wear comfortable walking shoes as the inner yard of the Rila Monastery is cobbled. Walking around the monastic complex also requires comfortable walking shoes, especially for walking to the Cave of St. Ivan Rilski