Explore 2 of Bulgaria's UNESCO World Heritage Sites on an exciting minibus tour from Sofia. Visit the Rila Monastery and get breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. Then, see stunning pre-Renaissance frescoes at the Boyana Church.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 6 - 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Optional audio guide
- Spanish, English, German, Italian, Russian, French
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
Know before you go
- There is a dress code in the Monastery that should be respected. Men and women should wear clothes covering their shoulders. Women should not wear short shorts or skirts (above the knees)
- If you want to have more free time at the Monastery, it is advised that you bring your own snacks. There are 2 restaurants in the area that offer local specialties, but service there could slow on busy days
- The entrance fee to the Boyana Church is 10 BGN (5 EUR) per person
- The tour will not visit the church on January 1, Orthodox Easter, and December 24 or 25.