Discover one of Bulgaria’s largest cities and an enchanting town of the Sredna Gora Mountains on a full-day tour from Sofia. Explore the Old Town of Plovdiv and then marvel at beautifully preserved buildings in Koprivshtitsa.
What to Expect
Explore two of Bulgaria’s must-see cities on a full-day tour of Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa from Sofia.
From Sofia, take a 1.5-hour drive to Plovdiv. On arrival at Bulgaria’s second largest city, learn how it has been inhabited at various times by Thracians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Turks and Bulgarians. Take a 2-hour walking tour of the major attractions, including the ruins of the Roman Theater (Ancient Theater) and Roman Stadium. Enjoy some free time for lunch and to do some shopping before you depart.
Depart Plovdiv at 13:00 and transfer through the countryside to the enchanting town of Koprivshtitsa. Located on the sloping hills of the Sredna Gora Mountains, Koprivshtitsa is notable for the striking Bulgarian Renaissance architecture. Enjoy a guided tour of the quiet, cobbled streets. See some of the whimsical landmarks of the picturesque town, including artisan shops and an ethnographical museum.
Depart Koprivshtitsa at approximately 16:30 to 17:00 and transfer back to Sofia for a drop off outside the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral between 18:30 and 19:00.
- Parking fees
- English-speaking driver/guide
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees (optional): Plovdiv's Ethnographic museum - LV 5 (€2.50), Roman Theater - LV 5 (€2.50), all the museum houses in Koprivshtitsa - LV 5 (€2.50)
Meet in the parking lot behind Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (in front of Mamma Mia restaurant), Sofia.
Know Before You Go
• The entrance fee to Plovdiv Ethnographic Museum is LV 5 (€2.50)
• The entrance fee to the Roman Theater is LV 5 (€2.50)
• The entrance fee to all the museum houses in Koprivshtitsa is LV 5 (€2.50)
• This tour is not recommended for the disabled or children under 5 years old