Discover 2 UNESCO World Heritage Listed religious sites on a day trip from Sofia. Choose to have a guided tour or explore the Rila Monastery on your own before admiring the frescoes of Boyana Church.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Optional audio guide
- Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian
Select participants and date
Meet your guide next to cafe La Cattedrale behind Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Ask for the City Tour travel agency. The van departs at 9:00 AM and will not wait for you if you are late.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Visits within Boyana Church are limited to 10 minutes
- The Boyana church is closed on the 1st of January, on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter, on the 24th of December and the 25th of December ─ on such days the tour is done only to the Rila Monastery