Visit this unqiue cultural enclave of Singapore and uncover a curious blend of Islamic and Malay folk traditions in the legends. From your expert guide learn how Singapore was sold to the British and how its indigenous culture lives on today.
What to Expect
How was it exactly that Singapore was sold to the British for 60,000 Spanish Dollars? Find out about the man who did it, and the man who forced him into it.
Few people remember the sultans that used to rule Singapore but we'll share with you their stories. The old Royal Palace, the Sultan Mosque, the Tombs of the Malayan Princes: they all carry an air of royalty that disappeared all too quickly.
Uncover a curious blend of Malay folk traditions and Islam in the legends of the mysterious keris(dagger), exotic perfumes, and the story of a faith that is so often misunderstood. Don't miss this hidden cultural enclave where Singapore's indigenous culture still thrives!
- English speaking licensed guide
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
• As a mark of respect to the Mosque, visitors must be dressed appropriately. Please wear a sleeved blouse/shirt and long skirt or pants. A limited number of robes are also available at the mosque.
• Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
• Private tour available at different rates. For details, please enquire with the firm.
• Children under 7 years old may attend free of charge.