Explore Cinque Terre by train on a tour through this corner of paradise - a unique experience in an area subdivided into five villages suspended on steep cliffs overlooking the sea, where vegetation and lush vineyards frame breathtaking scenery.
What to Expect
You will spend an unforgettable day discovering the most impressive Ligurian landscapes. In this area, which has been declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO, earth and sea blend and create a unique landscape. The area consists of eighteen kilometers of rocky coasts with caves, beaches, hiking paths and breathtaking views.
The tour will take you through the Cinque Terre National Park by train. You will visit Manarola, a tiny urban jewel characterized by Genoese style ‘case-torri’; Vernazza, overlooked by the remains of a Medieval castle with a cylindrical tower; Riomaggiore dating back to the 13th century, famous for its wine and its typical narrow streets; and Monterosso, known as the ‘pearl of Cinque Terre’, an ancient fishing village with lovely beaches and lush vegetation on the rocks.
After lunch you will have the chance to taste the local ‘Limoncino ligure’ in a quaint wine shop. In the afternoon you will have free time for a swim or a walk round the village.
- Free pick up on request
- Travel by coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual guides
- Limoncino ligure tasting
- Ferry boat and train tickets
What's Not Included
- Lunch in a traditional seaside restaurant in Monterosso (0-2 years are free of charge)
- Drop off
Know Before You Go
• A vegetarian menu is available upon request for the optional lunch
• The itinerary may be changed due to acts of force majeure, such us strikes, bad weather etc
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Please note that between November 1st 2016 and March 31st 2017 tours in Russian, Chinese and Japanese are guaranteed with a minimum 4 participants
• Please note that between November 1st 2016 and March 31st 2017, tours in German will not be available
• From April 1, 2017 the tour will visit 3 of the 5 villages: Manarola, Vernazza and Monterosso. There will also be a visit to the splendid Portovenere