Visit the beautiful town of San Gimignano, see the Tuscan countryside, and immerse yourself in the art and architecture of the region, on a half-day tour. Enjoy a wine tasting in the Chianti region.
What to Expect
North-west of Siena, in the hills of Val d'Elsa, stands the medieval town of San Gimignano. Known as 'the town with a hundred towers', until the thirteenth century there were actually seventy-two of these symbols of power and wealth; fourteen are still standing today. Due to the development of trade on the Via Francigena, crossed by thousands of pilgrims in the Middle Ages on their way to Rome, San Gimignano has a rich culinary and handicrafts tradition.
On this half-day tour, expert tour leaders will show you the particular beauty of Santa Fina pottery and local handicrafts. You will also have an opportunity to discover the history of the only Tuscan white wine recognized as D.O.C.G., the famous Vernaccia, that you will taste in one of the most renowned wineries in the San Gimignano area. There will also be a big selection of other typical wines and products on offer.
- Pick-up service
- Travel by minivan with air conditioning for a maximum of 8 people
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Wine, oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- Snack with sliced cold meat and typical salami
- Drop off service
Meeting point: 8.30am from accommodation
Know Before You Go
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Not available in the winter season (1 November to 31 March)
• English and Italian tours are always guaranteed without minimum number