Discover the marvelous unspoiled landscapes surrounding the Chianti vineyards on this 5-hour tour from Siena. Sample Chianti wine at a wine cellar, visit ancient churches, medieval castles, and little hamlets, and explore the town of San Gimignano.
What to Expect
On this 5-hour tour your expert tour leader will guide you in the discovery of the marvelous unspoiled landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, unraveling before your eyes in a harmony of colors unique to the hills of this region. The beautiful ruby color and the characteristic fragrance with hints of violet are the distinguishing marks of the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world: Chianti.
You will taste this refined product at one of the best wine cellars of the area, accompanying the wine with a selection of bruschetta, typical cheeses, Tuscan salami, and sliced cold meats.
The sounds, fragrances and tastes of this land will steal your senses through a unique experience to be discovered, tasted, and understood by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles, and little hamlets where the pace of life has remained unchanged over the course of time. Enjoy the pleasure of exploring these fantastic settings and relish their ancient traditions.
The tour then continues to San Gimignano, a splendid medieval town that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. San Gimignano, distinguished by its world famous, characteristic towered skyline, stands along Via Francigena on the hills of upper Val D’Elsa.
The town, also famous for its wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, saffron, and the precious Santa Fina pottery, will meet your eye leaving everyone astonished by its beauty. Your guide will accompany you to every corner of the town characterized by beautiful squares, buildings, churches, and suggestive alleyways.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Guided tour of Chianti Area
- Guided tour of a famous wine estate with wine tasting
- Free for children under 2 years, 50% discount for children
- between 3-12 years
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off service available on request at an additional cost; price depending on client’s accommodation in Siena
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Piazza Gramsci, in front of the Bar La Lizza at 14:00.
(November 01 - March 31 departure at 13:00)
Guests are requested to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Children under 2 years of age can participate free of charge
• Children between 3 and 12 years old are entitled to a 50% discount
• Your visit in San Gimignano will not be guided
• This tour is also available in Italian. This must be confirmed with the tour operator upon reservation