The beautiful ruby-red color and the characteristic bouquet with scents of violet are the special features that reveal the identity of one of the most famous wines in the world.
What to Expect
Chianti. This wine results from the wise blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, and originates from the hilly area from which it draws its name. Expert and witty tour leaders will lead you to the discovery of the breathtaking, uncontaminated landscapes that have been cradling the Chianti vineyards for centuries, presenting you with a harmony of colors that can only be found in the hills of this region.
The sounds, scents and flavors of this land will capture your senses through a unique experience that you will live, relish and comprehend by visiting ancient churches, medieval castles and small villages where the rhythm of life remains unaltered over time. Enjoy exploring the fantastic scenery and you'll soon find yourself appreciating the century-old traditions.
- Shuttle service from your accommodation and back
- Private minivan with all comforts for a maximum of 8 people
- Expert bilingual escort (Italian-English)
- Tour of the most typical villages, abbeys and castles
- Wine tasting at two renowned wineries in the Chianti area reviewed on the best specialised magazines, such as Wine Spectator and Decanter. During each visit, you will have the opportunity to follow a detailed description of the different steps required for the production of wine: your journey through taste will start from the vineyard, with illustrations of the growth and development of the vines and will lead to the cellar, where the product undergoes processing, fermentation and bottling
- Tasting of bruschette and typical Tuscan cold cuts and cheese
- Possibility of buying wine at favourable prices at the wineries visited during the tour (shipped almost everywhere in the world)
What to Remember
Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.
Tours in Italian are available on request; this must be confirmed by provider upon moment of reservation.
Small groups: maximum 8 people on the minivan.